Friday 7 May 2010

Unperfected Work

In this section of my blog I will recognise any inperfected parts of my animation.

Models:
Hunter - The way I modelled the hunter was with the palms of the hands facing forwards. Only after I had added a biped and skinned the model did I realise this was wrong. Because the palms of the hands wern't downwards, the way the arm rotated would mean the palms would always face forwards and when I rotated the shoulders to stop this, there was some stretching in the should area.
However, this was barely noticable and I have definitly learned my lesson for the future.
The skilling of my hunter wasn't perfect. There was some minching on the joints. There was bad pinching in the shooting scene on the thums, fingers and wrists. This was due to me having to add a biped and skin modifier a second time and not having enough time to do a proper job.

Horse: The skinning of the horse was something I found very difficult. There was some pinching on the limbs and odd stretching on front. but the worst areas were the back legs an under belly. This is most noticable in the shooting scene, However, the way the camera moved you barely notice.
I found it difficult to realise what parts of the skin should be affected by which bones.
If I skinned this model again I think it would be btter to use a different type of bones.

Animation:
Scene 1 - In this scene the right hand of the hunter looked very odd as it was rigid and partially facing forward.

Scene 2 - The same problems as scene 1 were in this scene.

Scene 3 - In each of the different hunter copies, the arms were in a different position. So when I morphed between each model, the arm would twitch.
To stop this, the camera angle was kept tight so I couldn't see this.

Scene 4 - In this scene, because of the problems I had merging the original biped, some parts of the neck weren't weighted very well because of the short amount of time I could spend skinning.

Scene 5 - In this scene you can notice some bad pinching on the wrists.

Scene 6 - In this scene you can see the hunters fingers and thumbs have not been skinned very well. Also some hidden parts of the horse are skinned badly.
When the camera passes the hunter, I stopped animating. So when viewed from a viewport, the animation will see the hunter, bow and horse stop. Because the arrow was never unattached from the hand, the hunters right arm will carry on moving.

Scene 7 - The blood in this scene was quite fat.

Scene 8 - The same problems as in scene 4 apply to this scene.

Scene 9 - To give some idea of height, the hunter is raised off the gound with no horse in the scene.
Also, the same problems from scene three are in this scene.

Despite all these problems, I am still very pleased with the final outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment